|Workshop: Make your own spork|
|Naam||Make your own spork|
|Datum||Jan 13 1337 13:37:00|
|Info||Maak je eigen titanium spork|
Doe mee met deze workshop en maak je eigen titanium spork! Omdat we de workshop "Make your own spork" op OHM2013 helaas hebben gemist, gaan we het gewoon zelluf doen. We hebben de tools, we hebben een Peter, dus... waarom niet?
De originele instructies:
Titanium Spork Checklist
- Design your spork, on a bit of card. The bits of card are about the same size as the bits of titanium, so go as close to the edges as you like. if you want a symmetrical spork, fold the card in half longways. Our metal is thin, so don’t make the handle part too narrow!
- Cut the pattern out of the card with scissors.
- Draw round the pattern onto a bit of metal with a Sharpie.
- Cut along the line with tinsnips, Take care that you don’t leave pointy bits when you change direction, and if you do leave pointy bits take care you don’t cut your hands on them. If the cut is going wrong, stop outside the line - you can always ﬁle metal off later.
- Hold the metal in a hand-vice and ﬁle off the pointy bits you tried not to make, and ﬁle back to the outline you want. Also ﬁle the edges smooth. Use a needle ﬁles to tidy up round the fork tines. Remember, a file only works when you push it, not when you pull it.
- Use the ﬁle at 45 degrees to get rid of the burrs on the edge of the metal. You want a smooth, rounded edge.
- Use a bit of wet&dry paper wrapped round a rubber block to smooth all the edges.
- Use the Garryﬂex block or a bit of wet&dry to clean the surfaces of the metal. If you don’t clean off all the oxide now, your spork won’t be shiny at the end.
- Hold the bowl of your spork over the hole in the wooden block and dome it with the ball pein of a hammer. Move the metal around over the hole to dome it evenly. Then do the bowl at the other end, probably from the other side.
- Use the ﬂat face of the hammer and a ball stake to planish all over the spork. You want to completely cover the surface with hammer marks. This makes the metal shiny and hard.
- With the Sharpie, draw lines along your spork handle where you want to put the stiffening grooves.
- Use the plastic punch and rubber block and lump hammer (not a shiny hammer!) to form the grooves. Get someone else to hold your spork still on the rubber block.
- Use a bit of Autosol on paper towel to polish your spork all over, then wash it.
- Your spork is ﬁnished. Eat with pride.