|Project: Moem's workshops|
|Doel / Omschrijving|
|Overzicht van mijn workshops|
|Alle Projecten - Project Toevoegen|
- 1 WhatTheHelmet
- 2 Blij met Bleek
- 3 Geeky Bling
- 4 Geeky Tree
- 5 Printplaatboekjes
- 6 Magic LED gem
Life is dangerous, protect yourself! But do it in style. This workshop will teach you how to change a normal, boring hard hat / builder's helmet into a super cool, metal like cyberpunk helmet. It can look like rusty iron, pewter, bronze or copper and it can have letters or logos of your own design. Your friends will envy you and wonder how you suddenly got so cool and crafty.
The workshop consists of two parts: in the first, we prepare the helmet for painting, add faux welding seams, rivets, and other 3D decorations. Then we paint it. In the second part, we add the metal look for extra shinies. If you want to use weird objects, electronics or gears... bring them. There is a 38 DKK/5€ fee for materials, which covers the helmet itself and everything else. It's possible (and probably lots of fun) for a parent and a child to work on a helmet together. (Lifted from https://bornhack.dk/bornhack-2018/program/#/event/whatthehelmet)
- Slightly messy, slightly smelly.
- Needs around 1 or (preferrably) 2 hours, then half an hour the next day.
- Costs around €5 pp.
- embellishments: cardboard letters, stick-on studs
- Neoprene sheet
- Scissors and knives
- Contact glue
- Degreaser and cloth
- Paint in jars: black, brown, copper green
- Spray paint: gold, silver, copper
- Paint brushes
- Paint rollers (furry) and trays
Blij met Bleek
In this workshop, we will be making boring T-shirts into interesting, unique and cool T-shirts, using bleach and various techniques. Please bring your own boring T-shirts in darker colours; prints are OK and will remain in place. If you want to use existing (simple) designs and (simple) logos, print them on thick paper or thin cardboard and, you guessed it, bring them. (lifted from https://bornhack.dk/bornhack-2018/program/#/event/fun-with-bleach)
- Slightly messy, slightly smelly. It's good to do the bleach part outside if weather permits.
- 2 or 3 hours. Some people can't stop.
- Participants need to bring T-shirts as stated in description.
- No other costs.
- spray bottle
- cutting mats and knives
- sticker paper and plastic
- cardboard, pens, markers, scissors, masking tape
- sticky foam letters
- rope and clothes pegs
- plastic to cover table
Magic LED gem
In this workshop we'll be making a necklace with a magic gemstone as a pendant. It has an LED and a hidden battery. Light up your life and be the sparkling center of any party! We'll be working with epoxy resin to cast the gemstone, and the LED can be static, flickering or even RGB (rainbow). If you have an interesting LED you want to use, please bring it! No soldering experience is required. Anyone 12+ of age can join.
- There's soldering involved, and pouring epoxy resin. It's less smelly than one would think.
- Around two hours, spread over two days (epoxy resin needs a night to fully cure).
- Can handle around 5 participants at a time, can be done in shifts if there are more (1 shift = 1,5 hours).
- Can handle more participants if everyone has soldered before or if there is soldering help available.
- battery holders, batteries
- resin molds
- resin supplies: scales, mixing cup, pouring cups, stirrers, disposable droppers
- plastic to cover a table
- soldering supplies: irons, solder, pliers
- magnets and rings
- double-sided tape, masking tape, clothespegs (to fixate the molds)