|Project: Moem's workshops|
|Doel / Omschrijving|
|Overzicht van mijn workshops|
|Alle Projecten - Project Toevoegen|
- 1 WhatTheHelmet
- 2 Blij met Bleek
- 3 Geeky Bling
- 4 Geeky Tree
- 5 Printplaatboekjes
- 6 Magic LED gem
- 7 Portrait with moving eyes
Life is dangerous, protect yourself! But do it in style. This workshop will teach you how to change a normal, boring hard hat / builder's helmet into a super cool, metal like cyberpunk helmet. It can look like rusty iron, pewter, bronze or copper and it can have letters or logos of your own design. Your friends will envy you and wonder how you suddenly got so cool and crafty.
The workshop consists of two parts: in the first, we prepare the helmet for painting, add faux welding seams, rivets, and other 3D decorations. Then we paint it. In the second part, we add the metal look for extra shinies. If you want to use weird objects, electronics or gears... bring them. There is a 38 DKK/5€ fee for materials, which covers the helmet itself and everything else. It's possible (and probably lots of fun) for a parent and a child to work on a helmet together. (Lifted from https://bornhack.dk/bornhack-2018/program/#/event/whatthehelmet)
- Slightly messy, slightly smelly.
- Needs around 1 or (preferrably) 2 hours, then half an hour the next day.
- Costs around €5 pp.
- embellishments: cardboard letters, stick-on studs
- Neoprene sheet
- Scissors and knives
- Contact glue
- Degreaser and cloth
- Paint in jars: black, brown, copper green
- Spray paint: gold, silver, copper
- Paint brushes
- Paint rollers (furry) and trays
Blij met Bleek
In this workshop, we will be making boring T-shirts into interesting, unique and cool T-shirts, using bleach and various techniques. Please bring your own boring T-shirts in darker colours; prints are OK and will remain in place. If you want to use existing (simple) designs and (simple) logos, print them on thick paper or thin cardboard and, you guessed it, bring them. (lifted from https://bornhack.dk/bornhack-2018/program/#/event/fun-with-bleach)
- Slightly messy, slightly smelly. It's good to do the bleach part outside if weather permits.
- 2 or 3 hours. Some people can't stop.
- Participants need to bring T-shirts as stated in description.
- No other costs.
- spray bottle
- cutting mats and knives
- sticker paper and plastic
- cardboard, pens, markers, scissors, masking tape
- sticky foam letters
- rope and clothes pegs
- plastic to cover table
- Wit garen en naald
- Spray glue
- Tangetjes (knip en rondbek)
Magic LED gem
In this workshop we'll be making a necklace with a magic gemstone as a pendant. It has an LED and a hidden battery. Light up your life and be the sparkling center of any party! We'll be working with epoxy resin to cast the gemstone, and the LED can be static, flickering or even RGB (rainbow). If you have an interesting LED you want to use, please bring it! No soldering experience is required. Anyone 12+ of age can join.
- There's soldering involved, and pouring epoxy resin. It's less smelly than one would think.
- Around two hours, spread over two days (epoxy resin needs a night to fully cure).
- Can handle around 5 participants at a time, can be done in shifts if there are more (1 shift = 1,5 hours).
- Can handle more participants if everyone has soldered before or if there is soldering help available.
- battery holders, batteries
- resin molds
- resin supplies: scales, mixing cup, pouring cups, stirrers, disposable droppers
- plastic to cover a table
- soldering tools: soldering irons, solder, pliers, third hands, wire stripper
- magnets and rings
- double-sided tape, masking tape, clothespegs (to fixate the molds)
Portrait with moving eyes
This is a fun workshop for anyone who can safely work with hot glue and sharp knives! We will be making a striking yet simple optical illusion, that works very well: a portrait whose eyes seem to follow you from left to right, and back.
Why not make a spooky lifelike portrait of Big Brother, your favourite philosopher or poet, Che Guevarra, Ada Lovelace or Greta Thunberg? Maybe you'd like to have a picture of your mother or father watching over you (and the cookie jar)? Now you can!
- Skills needed: glueing and cutting. There is some painting involved; help is available if needed.
- The material costs of this workshop are € 3 or DKK 22,50.
- Please bring a print or drawing that you would like to use. The face should be large enough (the size of your hand is a good minimum size) and both eyes should be clearly visible and open.
- Duration: 90 minutes approx.
- some printed portraits just in case
- 1 ping pong ball per participant
- acrylic or gouache paint and brushes
- hole puncher
- hot glue guns and sticks
- spray glue
- knives and scissors
- LED strings, 1 per participant, + batteries